Subject: Re: KERNFS and PROCFS
To: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/1999 12:47:42

--==_Exmh_1481766913P

On Fri, 3 Sep 1999, Jan-Hinrich Fessel wrote:

> Is there any special reason that kernfs and procfs are commented out by
> default in GENERIC?  I didn't notice beforehand and am now recompiling the
> kernel for my axpci33 which takes an astonishingly long time.

Probably because they are considered bloat by some folks.

Don't lkm's now work on the Alpha?

Take care,

Bill

--==_Exmh_1481766913P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBN9AQn7A63tqjeAhZAQHyMAP9EVJBMIyAuAOobDXIHqucenDg2X5we/Dn
BnKqBqAaqvWn+RoyClnDEoJytDgdL05YMj6E9Wes2PLw7gxIZGyQHE3+P/3nMqzm
k4lKOmMbT2v0IqhQCorLnlXyvQ3LXSMOj3bl1Iv2t/eRo40lJgLq4rQ+6oh0HrCy
Xdlu9VcrjoU=
=iRJh
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_1481766913P--