Subject: Re: X on Turbo Channel system
To: Murat Kumykov <>
From: Matthias Drochner <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/03/1999 13:41:05 said:
> documentation on X server for alphas says that framebuffer is
> supported, but because no keyboard and mouse support - no use for it.
> But now keyboard and mouse works fine, so theoretically X should run.

The mouse/kbd support was not simply added to the console driver.
The whole driver was replaced by something which is more
machine independent. That's why the interface changed and the
old X server doesn't work anymore.

Now we have 2 choices: a) adapt the X server to the new
driver interface or b) add a compatibility layer.
I'd prefer a, but can't do it due to lack of testing
equipment (and time of course).

best regards