Subject: problem with ufs fs under du and netbsd
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/01/1999 13:28:11
I have an alpha system and I am playing with Digital UNIX on it
at the moment.  One of the drives has a single ufs partition (a)
on it.  This fs was created under NetBSD 1.3.3.  I can mount this
fs under Digital UNIX 4.0D but it says it's a dirty fs.  I found
out the hard way that if you fsck it under Digital UNIX you will
destroy it :(

What I am trying to do is migrate about 8 gigs of data from NetBSD
to Digital UNIX.  Is there a way under NetBSD that I can massage
this data so that it can be mounted and used under Digital UNIX?

Thanks
Nick