Subject: Re: sysinst on tiny screens works in 1.4.1 :)
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/24/1999 10:09:21
Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com> writes:
> This multia has its jumpers set for 640x480 "classic VGA" video so I can
> use a cheap surplus store PS/2 monitor for its console. Since the alpha
> tga0 console uses a big font (which looks suspiciously like the Sun PROM
> font), my console terminal size was something like 53x18 characters, and
> 1.4 sysinst dumped core onto a full md0a.

Yup, there was a PR on this (7806).

It was easy to fix, even...  The only reason it was a problem to begin
with was that somebody (i don't recall who, at this point... anon-cvs
should be able to tell you if you want to know 8-) hard-coded the
"normal" screen size into sysinst (only for the background-ish
"message" window!), and this cause buffer badness in curses.

> Good job guys!

Thanks (for noticing 8-)!

chris