Subject: Re: pciide controller...
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/20/1999 12:28:09
In message <199908201719.KAA00337@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>, Jason Thorpe writes:
> > Unfortunately, it means that my boot device is now wd2, not wd0, so I have
> > to redo some files, but I'm okay; it looks like it works.

>You can hard-wire the drive units in your kernel config file, if you want.

Yup.  Done that now.

At this point, if I ccd the drives, and use disklabel to create a partition
at offset 32, I can
	mount /dev/ccd0a /mnt
	ls /mnt
and get what I want.
	ls -l /mnt
dies horribly, though.

Hmm.  If I use flags 2, I can ls -l.

About half the files on the disk work, half are mysteriously wrong.  Hmm.

I wasn't using soft updates.  Hmm.

** /dev/rccd0a
** Last Mounted on /mnt
** Phase 1 - Check Blocks and Sizes
924925015 BAD I=9
1528976986 BAD I=9
925711662 BAD I=9
759838506 BAD I=9
1044796477 BAD I=9
1029266734 BAD I=9
1428970582 BAD I=9

That looks wrong.  Alpha is little-endian, and everything in struct fs has
a fixed byte size.  Any idea what might be wrong?

This is fun!

So, can anyone explain why the content of the "real" disks starts at block 32,
but I don't have 32 more blocks on the disk?  Where did my other 32 blocks
go?

-s