Subject: isacfg (was: Re: 'set foo' not sticking (PC164) )
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.oz.au>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/17/1999 21:20:38
--==_Exmh_-2084912735P

In message <20731.934837706@munnari.OZ.AU>you write:
> the kernel is kept?   That is, if I did, for some reason, want to install
> an ISA card, how would I discover what handle to tell isacfg, so the
> kernel would later recognise the card.  Or is NetBSD pretending that the
> alpha is an i386, ignoring the isacfg table, and just probing the bus
> hunting for whatever might be out there?

As far as I can tell, from expirience, the handle is something not used by
netbsd.
I do have an ISA card (ISDN Teles S0/8) installed in my NoName, and it is
probed by the kernel, no matter what I call the handle.
So, handle is obviously ignored and isacfg is only there to tell srm whether
there are interrupts and mem and iospace used by ISA, which has no defined way
to autoconfigure the cards present in the slots...

Gruesse
       Oskar

 					Tragbar ist, was nicht herunterfaellt.
						    oskar@zappa.unna.ping.de

--==_Exmh_-2084912735P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBN7m2BbA63tqjeAhZAQHQPQP/UnB0LGVJCuu7GSMTAW4auP+YgqWLDVPR
KZ9LxpP5iHn3EgVKpsU0sxF7SZuoZziwxosmXbCQbBrBphWcrBqkShMKiVKsuO6L
SXMZ89HAbxUSKBDoD1iXwXc+JbOjKQRLdeUDu7hfXbAcB9Po5utp9yfKU3MbCJpT
d5iMrzcFZ6g=
=xg/v
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-2084912735P--