Subject: Re: 1.4 install floppy truncated?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/13/1999 18:02:58
>It is the right size, and it is not bootable. If what you mean is: it could
>not be read when requested ("remove disk 1, insert disk 2", or whatever),
>then the most likely explanation is "bad floppy media".

Hmph.  I did try two different floppies for the second one; after
I inserted them (at the prompt), it said:

read text: Unknown error code: 0
open netbsd.gz: No such file or directory

(and a bunch of alternate kernel names).

Both failed the exact same way; I think I'll try cutting a CD instead,
but do you really think both floppies are bad?  BTW, I just tried a
_third_ floppy (one which I used to boot NetBSD on this as well), and
it failed the same way.

BTW, this is on a AXPPCI 33.  Is it normal for the drive light to be
on after the first floppy is finished?

--Ken