Subject: Re: pciide performance on alpha
To: Andreas Johansson <ajo@wopr.campus.luth.se>
From: Michael T. Stolarchuk <mts@off.to>
List: port-alpha
Date: 08/13/1999 12:14:37
In message <Pine.NEB.3.96.990813173111.2590A-200000@ymer.campus.luth.se>, Andreas Johanss
on writes:
>  This message is in MIME format.  The first part should be readable text,
>  while the remaining parts are likely unreadable without MIME-aware tools.
>  Send mail to mime@docserver.cac.washington.edu for more info.
>
>--0-1864420172-934558340=:2590
>
>On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
>> > [...]
>> >     Latency Timer: 0x00
>> > [...]
>> >

>> Sure, all the latency timers are 0, this is probably wrong.
>> A alpha-specific routine should set them to a reasonable value when 0
>> (or maybe do this in sys/dev/pci for all ports ?).
>
>I've attached the patch I use, it's for dev/pci/pci.c and you need to
>define PCI_FORCE_LATENCY

any specific value, or is -DPCI_FORCE_LATENCY enough?

Oh, i also noticed:

+                               v |= PCI_FORCE_LATENCY << PCI_LATTIMER_SHIFT;
+                               pci_conf_write(pa.pa_pc, pa.pa_tag,
+                                           .pa_pc, pa.pa_tag,
+                                               PCI_BHLC_REG, v);
+#endif

is that right, six parameters to pci_conf_write, and two of them are ".pa_pc, pa.pa_tag,"

i changed that to:
	pci_conf_write(pa.pa_pc, pa.pa_tag, PCI_BHLC_REG, v);

mts.