Subject: IPv6 code with 64bit arch
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/30/1999 23:39:17
	(I think I'm not on port-alpha so please cc: to me on reply)

	Yesterday I've committed several 64bit-arch fixes against problem
	made visible by IPv6 import.  Specifically,
	- SIOCGIFCONF alignment problem.  In the past struct ifconf was
	  nicely aligned to 8byte boundary by pure luck.  Now we have
	  sockaddr_in6 coming up from the kernel, which makes the reply
	  from the kernel unaligned.
	and IPv6-code origin problems:
	- size_t printing issue. (cast to u_long and print as %ul)
	- pointer-to-integer cast for boundary checking (cast to int does
	  not work)

	I believe IPv6-enabled kernel and userland now works fine on alpha
	machines (I installed NetBSD/KAME-1.4 onto alpha box and made checks
	using that code).  If there are any unaligned memory access left
	unmodified, please let me know.

itojun