Subject: Miata and IDE (was: Displays for NetBSD on Alphas)
To: Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/30/1999 13:45:31
Hal Murray <murray@pa.dec.com> writes:

> I've never used an "a" box.  I don't know much about them.

They are (as far as I can tell) identical to the au:s, if you replace
the red plastic au-tag with a pale blueish a-tag. And I guess that
most a-models sold w/o scsi. Newer au:s have scsi (and usb) on-board,
don't know about a:s.

We once actually received a:s when ordering au:s (but with scsi and
srm firmware).

> I think I saw a message about IDE disks working.

I did once use an ide-disk to boot from, since I didn't have a
srm-recognized scsi-card. But I know that not all ide disks are liked
by srm.

/Johan