Subject: Re: Displays for NetBSD on Alphas
To: None <murray@pa.dec.com, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/29/1999 13:38:47

> .../Ports/alpha/models.html doesn't say anything about the Miatas.
>
> If anybody is working on that page, I think it is important to understand
> that there are at least 2 significant versions of the "Miata" (Personal
> Workstation) machines - "a" vs "au".  I think the "a" systems come
> with IDE disks.  (I haven't worked with one, but I think I saw a
> recent message indicating that it worked.)  The "au" systems have
> SCSI disks.
>
> Ports/alpha/index.html says that the "au" systems are supported in
> 1.4.  It doesn't mention the "a" systems.

Isn't there a bigger difference than IDE vs SCSI? Isn't one an SRM/Tru64
system and the other an ARC/NT? Do both of those systems actually even have
SRM available?

But this is why I have de-emphasized the in-depth descriptions of the
machines we run on. It's too hard to keep them up to date and no one
person has all the system-specific awareness needed.

If you (or anyone) could send me (or www@netbsd.org) some diffs, that would
help...