Subject: Re: Alpha snapshots.
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/27/1999 10:45:13
On Tue, Jul 27, 1999 at 11:36:28AM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:
> Are there any Alpha snapshots available which are post-1.4 and have
> IPv6/IPsec integrated ?
>
> Darren

It doesn't look like IPv6 (dunno about IPsec) is quite ready for prime
time on LP64 platforms.  (At least, that was the response I got when I had
problems upon trying it out and having some problems)

Check the archives of this mailing list (and perhaps current-users) for
about the last two or three weeks.

Anyway, itojun says he'll work on it once he gets his alpha up and going.

No new snapshots available, but I built the world from source without major
problems from a 1.4 system about two weeks ago;  I had to make a cast in
pim6dd to get it to compile, but other than that it was fairly smooth.
I'm betting our illustrious portmaster will wait until at least after the
IPv6 stuff is fixed before putting a snapshot up.

+j
--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz