Subject: RE: My second alpha and Re: My first Alpha: What've I got?
To: 'Sheila&bob'" , "Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Record, James N <james.n.record@lmco.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/12/1999 16:05:09
Here is my experience with my 3000/300LX.

1. If the keyboard and mouse are plugged in it will boot automatically from
the hard disk on powerup.

2. If the keyboard and mouse are not plugged in it will wait with the SRM
prompt on a terminal attached to the serial port. You can then use a
terminal
attached to the serial port to install NetBSD, etc. I could not
get a powerup hard disk boot with the keyboard and mouse unplugged. It
always
stopped at the SRM prompt on the serial port (even with the terminal
unplugged from the serial port).

3. After installing, you can remove the terminal from the serial port,
attach
the keyboard and mouse, and then it will boot netBSD on powerup.

I hope this helps.

Jim