Subject: ISA NE2000 support in alpha port
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andreas Johansson <ajo@wopr.campus.luth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/11/1999 18:45:48
Hello, fellow alpha users!

I was about install NetBSD 1.4 on my second alpha when I discovered that
my network interface (an ISA NE2000 clone) was not supported by the kernel
found on the boot floppies. This gave me some problems as that was the way
I was going to fetch the installation. So I looked at the configurations
in sys/arch/alpha/conf, and it seems that only PCI NE2000 are supported by
the GENERIC and INSTALL kernels.

So - is there any particular reason why there is no ISA NE[12]000 in the
Alpha port (GENERIC/INSTALL kernels)?

There is no doubt that it works - I helped fixing the driver some time ago
and I also frequently use an ISA NE2000 in my SX164.

/Andreas