Subject: IP NAT broken in the past?
To: port-alpha (E-mail) <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Lindgren, Jon <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/08/1999 08:34:58

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEC93D.E4F49870

Hey there.  A quick question regarding the functionality of NAT...

I've had 1.3.2 working on my Alpha box at home for some time now, running an
IP NAT configuration which was working marvelously.  Upon upgrading to 1.3.3
(about two months ago), NAT stopped working.  Same config files, NAT is
enabled for the kernel, etc...  I remember hearing that NAT was broken at
some point (although I'm not sure if it was in a -current kernel) so I wrote
it off as such [blindly - without research or too much experimentation];
fortunately, I wasn't actually using it at that point.  I am, however, in a
position where I need to start using it again.

So my question is - is NAT known to have problems in any releases?  Should
it have worked on 1.3.2/1.3.3, and does it work on 1.4?  Des anyone have any
experience with -current and NAT, or even better the pre-release of 1.4.1?
I'd just like to make sure that upgrading my box won't be fruitless in terms
of NAT functionality.

Any experiences or direct knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

-Jon Lindgren
 "My employer apologizes for their love of markup."

------_=_NextPart_001_01BEC93D.E4F49870

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2232.0">
<TITLE>IP NAT broken in the past?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hey there.&nbsp; A quick question regarding the =
functionality of NAT...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've had 1.3.2 working on my Alpha box at home for =
some time now, running an IP NAT configuration which was working =
marvelously.&nbsp; Upon upgrading to 1.3.3 (about two months ago), NAT =
stopped working.&nbsp; Same config files, NAT is enabled for the =
kernel, etc...&nbsp; I remember hearing that NAT was broken at some =
point (although I'm not sure if it was in a -current kernel) so I wrote =
it off as such [blindly - without research or too much =
experimentation]; fortunately, I wasn't actually using it at that =
point.&nbsp; I am, however, in a position where I need to start using =
it again.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>So my question is - is NAT known to have problems in =
any releases?&nbsp; Should it have worked on 1.3.2/1.3.3, and does it =
work on 1.4?&nbsp; Des anyone have any experience with -current and =
NAT, or even better the pre-release of 1.4.1?&nbsp; I'd just like to =
make sure that upgrading my box won't be fruitless in terms of NAT =
functionality.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Any experiences or direct knowledge would be greatly =
appreciated.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-Jon Lindgren</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&nbsp;&quot;My employer apologizes for their love of =
markup.&quot;</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>