Subject: ev6/21264/dp264/xp1000/1.4.1 preview
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@ghs.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/01/1999 13:13:46
NetBSD-current now has support for the new generation of alpha
processors:  systems based on the ev6 (21264) cpu.

I did the work on a 264dp, but it should also work on most of the
currently available ev6 servers and workstations. Please try and boot
it on any such systems you have access to and let me know about the
results!

The support is in -current now. I patched it by hand back into the
1.4 branch and have created a 1.4-branch "snapshot" that is essentially
an early preview of what NetBSD/alpha 1.4.1 will look like when it
comes out.

To get the new "snapshot", go to:

	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/alpha/snapshot/1.4.1/

(The mirror sites don't yet have the complete snapshot, but should be
completely synced by tomorrow.)

And many thanks to Alpha Processor, Inc (www.alpha-processor.com,
info@alpha-processor.com) for supporting its development.

	Ross.Harvey@Computer.Org