Subject: Re: netbsd/alpha 1.4 panics
To: Edwin Foo <efoo@crl.dec.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/30/1999 11:22:16
On Wed, 30 Jun 1999, Edwin Foo wrote:

> Has anyone seen problems with alphas mysteriously dying after a couple of
> dozen hours of operation? I'm seeing panics to the effect of "vref instead
> of vget" (or perhaps the other way around) on my machine. This is with a
> stock 1.4 installation, GENERIC kernel, etc.. I am using a DE450 Tulip
> ethernet card and NCR SCSI card, and no video card.

What you're seeing is the panic in the vref() call in sys/kern/vfs_subr.c.
Code somewhere called vref when it should have called vget.

Do you get dropped into ddb when this happens (or do you reboot)?

If so, try the 't' command. I think it worked in ddb in 1.4 on alpha. :-)

You should see a list of routines. Copy them down (if you get them) and
EMail them to us.

Take care,

Bill