Subject: netatalk
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/26/1999 16:54:28
Hi,
I compiled netatalk (from pkgsrc, even though it's not asun's) on my alpha,
& when I go to my Mac's chooser, prez shows up. I can log in with
user/password, but when it goes to let me choose what volumes to log onto,
no volumes are listed. Has anyone run netatalk on an alpha, and/or run into
this problem? I tried the netatalk faq-o-matic, the "real" netatalk faq,
looking through the netatalk-admins mailing list for the past year. For
this problem, the solution is always listed as "make sure your lokin user
(a) has a valid shell, and (b) has read permissions on AppleVoolumes file.
Both are true. There also was 1 message in the mailing list archive where a
guy asked if anyone had run it on an alpha. There was no response to that
message.

/usr/pkg/etc/AppleVolumes.system
/usr/pkg/etc/AppleVolumes/default
~/AppleVolumes

all exist, & I've tried putting:
/usr/ASftp      ASftp
into each of them. /usr/ASftp DOES exist.

TIA for any insight/advise

Mike
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.