Subject: string.h?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/23/1999 02:53:36
I just got around to going through with the make build today, after
changing the ifdef as Todd mentioned for getopt.c (gawk) to include
string.h. Now it made it past there, but this time, it crapped out on
/usr/src/sys/kern/subr_extent.c with a similar error about memset. I did a
quick grep for memset in string.h, & sure enough it was there. So I did a
grep for string.h in subr_extent.c & found that it wasn't present at all. I
threw in an #include <string.h> and then cut'n'pasted the exact "cc" line
that was printed last before the error, & it compiled subr_extent.c just
fine.

Why do I have to manually include string.h in these files? Is something
screwy on my system, or were they overlooked or something? I would think
that if they're crapping on my alpha that they'd be crapping on everyone's
alpha... assuming that it's a md thing as far as the difference of opinion
for the implicit definition of built-in functions (str* and mem* seem to be
the biggest culprits).

(& to make matters worse, I keep typing make build before my brain
remembers to do make update)

Mike, who's still kicking himself for not jumping on those 533 Mhz 164's
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.