Subject: Re: booting disk??
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/14/1999 12:28:14
"Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@prez.org> writes:
> Hmm, weird...anyone else try doing an installboot with the 1.4 release?

I beat fairly heavily on installboot and friends, because i severely
improved them during the release cycle...  I've even installed boxes
from scratch with them, yes, and obviously others have as well.

> Chris, I appreciate the attention you've given my dilemma. I'm gonna sleep
> on it & see if anything turns up tomorrow when the collective gets back to
> the office...assuming not, I'll try reformatting tomorrow & seeing if that
> fixes it.

One thing you might do:

(1) re-run installboot -v, and save the output.

(2) after that's done, 'dd if=<disk> of=<file> bs=512 count=1", to
grab the first block of the disk.

(3) send the uuencoded disk block along with the installboot -v output
to me, and i'll take a look at them.

cgd