Subject: Re: booting disk??
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/13/1999 17:16:29
"Michael G. Schabert" <mikeride@prez.org> writes:
> I've come into a perplexing problem...I'm trying to switch my NetBSD setup
> to a different hard drive. I installed all new tarballs (1.4 release), went
> through /etc by hand, transferred the entire /home directory, & have a copy
> of my htdocs on it. I did the "/usr/mdec/installboot /dev/rsd1c
> /usr/mdec/bootxx_ffs" and did copy /usr/mdec/boot over to /mnt.

Did you by any chance edit the disklabel with 'disklabel -r ...' on
the second disk after running the installboot?

that installboot command should have done the right thing, but there's
a known bug in 'disklabel -r' that can clobber boot blocks....

FYI: the *'s (partitions unalined w.r.t. cylinder boundaries) are
almost certainly _not_ the cause of your problem.

chris