Subject: booting 433au, 2nd shot
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <ks@ub.uni-mainz.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/27/1999 15:45:32
hi,

just following up to my last mail: the 2nd elsa-board I tried in the
433au seems to be ok. but what I see seems not to be ok: after reading
the 2nd boot floppy I see the usual Copyright notices, real mem, avail
mem etc up to:

cpu0 at mainbus0: ID 0 (primary), 21164A ()
cia0 at mainbus0: DECchip 2117x Core Logic Chipset (Pyxis), pass 1
cia0: extended capabilities: 111<WLEN,MWEN,BWEN>
cia0: using BWX for PCI config access
cia0: WARNING: Pyxis pass 1 DMA bug; no bets...

and then the thing hangs...
so what does this mean? no go at all with NetBSD? :-( I _know_ I
should have buyed some real server and not this silly peace of
playware...

-ks