Subject: Re: Getting a Multia to like NetBSD 1.4
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Markus Tacke <tacke@uni-mainz.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/26/1999 13:03:33
> =

>     6. I have some plain-VGA monitors lying around, and found that gett=
ing the

> 	multia to use them is problematic. In particular, the documentation

> 	for jumpers W3-W6 to set the SRM video mode is wrong. I found no

> 	correspondence whatsoever between what the multia service manual says

> 	and what my multia actually does. By trial and error I found a jumper

> 	setting that gives me ancient VGA -- but then I discovered that the

> 	imitation Sun console is only about 53x20 characters in that mode, so

> 	sysinst blows chunks. Is there any way to force VGA text mode on a

> 	multia?

Thats right, using an Idek MF8617 i 'measured' the Values of all settings=
 for =

the Multia

************ No warranty !!!! Use with care *************

<fixed>

         |              ||            |

         |             P||            |

         |             C|| A::C       |  The Jumper are a Block of 2x2

         |             I|| B::D       |  =

         |              ||            | Between the  Slot and the VRAM

         |                            |

         |                            |

         |--------                    |

         |       |                    |

         | CPU   |                    |

         |       |                    |

         ------------------------------

Thei Meaning ist:    (!!!! CAUTION: 1 =3DNOJumper!!!!)

A B C D		Resolution    Framefreq  Linefreq

                               Hz        kHz

0 0 0 0 	1280x1024	72	77.2

0 0 0 1		640x480		72	37.8

0 0 1 0         1280x1024	60	65.2