Subject: Re: multia firmware problem
To: Wim Vandeputte <bunbun@reptile.rug.ac.be>
From: Scott Lipcon <slipcon@cs.jhu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/17/1999 14:38:08
I don't have the proper serial cables handy, so I'll have to wait - I
tried unplugging the keyboard, and the screen stayed black entirely -
no SRM line at the bottom.  I'll get another keyboard tomorrow or
tonight to try - the one I have is an AT keyboard, with a PS2->AT
converter.  Hopefully I haven't damaged anything... I'll try a true ps2
keyboard and hope :)

As for the other suggestion - I pulled the battery today and checked it
with a voltmeter - its putting out a bit more than 4v.  On a 4.5v
battery, I'd say that means its probably still good.  It looked like it
was not the original part.

Scott