Subject: Re: multia firmware problem
To: Wim Vandeputte <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/17/1999 09:52:59
On 17-May-99 Wim Vandeputte spoke unto us all:
#  One of the causes I found was somebody using a serial -> ps/2 converter
#  for his mouse, thus 'breaking' (blowing?) something inside the machine.

Actually I read somewhere (perhaps the DEC manual for the Multia) that you
should *never* hook up a non PS2 device to the multia.  That includes PC
keyboards with the little converters, and serial mice with them..

I never tried it... But they were adamant enough about it to use special fonts
and underlines... so they must have meant it.

Tim Rightnour  -
Free Multi-Platform Operating System:
NetBSD Mailing lists on the web: