Subject: Re: how to go forward from 19981020-SNAP?
To: Kaleb S. KEITHLEY <kaleb@ics.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/23/1999 10:11:34
On Fri, 23 Apr 1999, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:

: Do NetBSD snaps get made when someone thinks it's a particularly "good"
: version of -current, or is it like FreeBSD where snaps get made at
: random?

BTW, it's `snapshot'.  `Snap' refers to the act of releasing a rubber band.  ;)

Snapshots of NetBSD are created whenever someone dealing with a particular
port has time _and_ that person has a (subjective) feeling that the source
is relatively stable w.r.t. that port.

There are no `scheduled' snapshots, nor snapshots that happen `across all
ports' at the same time.

: Don't do it on my account. I grabbed -current and am building from that.
: I hope yesterday was a good day as far as -current goes. :-) That will
: probably suffice until 1.4 is done.

There are likely to be few changes between the 0315 snapshot and the final
1.4 release; the bulk of the code is complete.  So you're just fine doing
this right now.

(Of course, I also think snapshots should ship with source.  8-)