Subject: Alpha EB164 power supplies...
To: None <,>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/16/1999 15:03:57
(Sorry for the mildly off-topic; this is a followup to the cheap Alpha

I just talked to Han at Antec (, and he says that they
can sell a "PP-253X/alpha" power supply, for about $60 (depending on quantity,
I guess).  It's their normal 250W power supply, with the hard-power hackery
in place.  They've used these with the 164 motherboards, and they apparently
work well.  Note that you can order cases from Antec, and you can thus get
a case with this power supply in it, instead of trying to find a bare case,
or getting a case with a soft-switch supply, and a supply, and having to
keep a spare power supply.  YMMV, I have no affiliation with Antec except
that I have a couple of Antec cases and I like 'em a lot.