Subject: Re: whats the status of X on alpha so far
To: nm <nmanisca@vt.edu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/15/1999 15:57:47
nm writes:

> So I have an AXPPCI33 board and one day I hope to have a PC164 board.
> In 1.3.3 what would I need to run X at 16bpp?  a TGA2 card?  Will
> S3 or Matrox cards be supported in the near future?  Is this something
> that is being worked on or is it high on the priority list?

Sadly X on the alpha appears to be non-existent at the moment.  The
TGA server stopped working with the wscons changes, and it hasn't
been fixed yet.  I took a whack at converting it for my Multia, but
didn't get very far.
I think there are people working on this, but I'm not sure.  It would
definitely suck to go from working 1.3 to broken 1.4.  IMHO anyway.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.