Subject: Re: Installing on a Cabriolet
To: None <,>
From: Ross Harvey <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/12/1999 10:49:57
: Andy Lauder

 [ needs SRM for PC64 ]

> If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it, because it appears
> that I am at a deadend.
> My only alternative, is to go get a Linux compatible SCSI card, and install
> Red Hat.  And I don't think you guys want me to do that.

Well, you do have various alternatives.  I *think* the firmware for a PC64
is on the firmware update CD that DEC sells. Can someone confirm this? The
NetBSD/alpha faq has an old (but possibly still accurate) note on how to
buy it. Also, I *know* that the PC64 SRM is on the "EBSDK" firmware
development CD. Apparently, according to our FAQ, you could buy both of
these together for $75 at one point.

> Also, please CC me to anything on this list.  How do I join this list, if I
> can get Net BSD to run on my box?

If you go to and following the "mailing lists" link, you
will get complete instructions. Or...

	$ mail
	subscribe port-alpha