Subject: Is there a 1.4 snapshot (for Alpha)?
To: None <>
From: Hal Murray <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/10/1999 09:36:39
If so where...  If not, any estimate on when?  and/or what can I
do to help?

I installed some new bits last night.  I thought they were the latest
snapshot.  I was expecting 1.4 but I got 1.3K.

Now that I look harder, I notice that is empty.

Am I lost?

I'm not a wizard at this stuff.  I can install a system via ftp if
I have a snapshot to start with.

I think I've got the current sources.  Is there a recipe for how
to make a pseudo snapshot?  (I'll type "make snapshot" and let it
crunch if something like that will work.)

I expect this will be obvious after I've done it a few times.