Subject: Re: 'hanging' mount problem 'fixed'? Forklift Upgrade....
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/08/1999 12:45:48
| From bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr Thu Apr  8 12:34:43 1999
|
| > [...]
| > I'm really grateful to folks like Manuel Bouyer that help keep us little
| > guys from feeling like true outsiders.  How he has the patience to answer
|
| Thanks ! But I don't think I'm the only one :)

I no longer have news access, but when I did, seeing you patiently
replying to the various news postings on the i386 list reminded me of
when I *had* to respond to *all* submitted gripes/bugs/etc. on the misc.
uw.mfcf.* news groups I was responsible for processing.  Each had to
be followed-up, replied-to as direct e-mail and potentially assigned to
someone's TODO list if I couldn't answer it immediately.

I know, that isn't a whole lot of fun, but it is part of what gave my
old department (MFCF) a serious degree of respect and appreciation. When
your student body actually came to you to report problems, that could
exploit your systems (e.g. NFS file-handles), you just felt damn proud.

-- Ken