Subject: Re: Multias still obstinate ...
To: Andrew Brennan <>
From: Andrew Gillham <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/04/1999 22:34:25
Andrew Brennan writes:
>    mwdisk:\
>            ht=ethernet: ha=0x08002be44a96: sm=\
>            ds=\
>            gw= ip=\
>            hd=/ovid8/absd: bf=08002be44a96.boot
>    Is there a special tag that I'm missing?  Should I be adding it in as
>    a vendor option?  I could (but would rather not) move this to another
>    host or replace the BOOTP daemon if that seems necessary.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I use the 'rp=/whatever'
for my multia.  Also, when using dhcpd, I've noticed that long values
for root-path weren't making it to the diskless client via BOOTP.
I haven't looked into this with more recent dhcpd sources though.

Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank                     | inadvertently.