Subject: Re: mount hangs
To: None <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/01/1999 20:04:12
On Thu Apr  1 19:32:24 1999, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> > I found that a kernel I had kicking around from 3/21 sources, did not hang,
> > while a kernel built today does.  Ross and Charles suggested I start cvs
> > updating and find where it breaks.
> >
> > Unfortunately, my scratch disk beat them to it.  So now I am without spare disk
> > space on my machine to build anything until the replacement arrives.  Perhaps
> > someone else with CVS and a fast alpha could take a few hours and try to narrow
> > it down.
> >
> > My apologies..
> >

> No problem. I was told that Charles was looking at it, so I stopped
> looking at it myself.

The problem is that his alpha don't has this problem.

> Who *is* on it? If nobody currently is, I'll go back to tracking the
> actual problem down- unless Bernd's conclusion that it's a compiler bug is
> what folks are happy with.

I didn't say that it is a compiler bug, I only provided a work around for
the problem. What i think is that it is a timing problem, but I don't know
what caused that.

Btw, the problem started when i updated my alpha from an feb source to
a one on the 27th, so we only have to search between the 21st and the 27th.

I don't think that I will do that today.

Bernd