Subject: Re: Known bugs in firmware 7.0 ? [tftp ??]
To: Jonker, Harm <harm.jonker@eds.com>
From: Adam Sulmicki <adam@cfar.umd.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/25/1999 10:48:43
"Jonker, Harm" writes:
->>
->> Hello,
->> 	I have an DEC 3000 Model 300X. I was trying to
->> 	Install NetBSD on it. I ran across this problem :(
->>
->> 	I just have upgraded the firmware from
->> 	v6.0 to v7.0
->>
->> 	everything so far appears to be fine except
->> 	that it does not want netboot anymore!

->I experienced the same problem!
->I went back to v6.0 and then it works good.
->Do you need v7.0 for a special reason ?

Well, I was trying to netboot NetBSD-1.3.3, and the 'netboot' bootloader
said that it think my prom code is too old as it could not find MAC
adress.

I was looking over all doc's and faq's but did not see anything about the
broken firmware until after the fact :(.

Now the $25'000 questions is _HOW_ to get back to the old firmware. The
box does not have floppy nor cd drive. I used bootpd to load the new
firmware.

Did anyone try to write equally broken tftpd daemon which would
answer to that firmware ? :-)