Subject: kernel stack traceback
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/18/1999 16:19:42
I've got a machine with a kernel panic sitting here on a serial console in
the kernel debugger.

Bill Sommerfield wants a stack traceback.

How do I get one?

I can go back up the stack manually if I know the calling conventions for
gcc and alpha, then get the routine names out of the kernel image - I used
to do this when I was porting osf/1 to the power PC.  Are the alpha/gcc
calling conventions documented anywhere?

Failing that, what do you suggest I do for debug?  I can do most anything
with a teensy bit of guidance, including setting up to reproduce the panic
again.

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |