Subject: panic: lockmgr: locking against myself
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/18/1999 15:16:16
I've got what seemed to be a stable system from at least a device driver
perspective, but several times now, I've gotten the panic as follows:

panic: lockmgr: locking against myself

I'm doing stress testing in several forms, including reading and writing
large files sequentially (using mmap on 4GB of files in 256MB chunks).  I
also did 8 parallel untars of the NetBSD source tree, during which I got
the above panic just a few minutes ago.

I did similar stress testing on a single drive SCSI ffs, as well as a two
SCSI drive ccd ffs.  The panic happened under both circumstances under
similar types of load.

HW config is: alpha Dec 164LX MB, 1GB RAM, 2940 UW adaptec, de500 ether, 2
IBM 9ZX UW drives, SRM 4.9.  Software is netbsd from 19990122 snapshot
(not -current), and the kernel is ALPHA with changes to make it smaller.

How can I help debug this?

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |