Subject: Re: PC164LX boot problems
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul H. Anderson <pha@pdq.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/12/1999 14:18:22
On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Paul H. Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Paul H. Anderson wrote:
>

> > I'm trying to boot from a hard drive with controllers that I have
> > In all cases, a followup attempt at booting from the hard disk yields
> > something like:
> >
> > device dqa0 is invalid
> >
> > from the SRM.
>
> I'd still like advice on making an IDE bootable disk on a PC164
> motherboard, but at least I'm not in as much trouble as I thought I was.

And... I've answered my last question.  The IDE disk on the PC164 doesn't
show up in the SRM if the cable is not the primary cable.  Now why NetBSD
saw disk on the secondary cable, and called it wd0a, I have no idea...

My IDE problems appear to all be solved now.  Thanks for listening... (*:

Paul

| Paul Anderson           Public Data Queries, Inc.    |
| pha@pdq.com             734-213-4964(W) 994-3734(H)  |