Subject: Re: serial ports on Multia
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/10/1999 23:15:26
> I can't use the serial ports on my multia.  I can send characters out
> the serial port, but I don't get any back.

I am typing this from my Multia running current sup'ed today via ssh
over a ppp connection.  I first verified my connection on /dev/ttyC0
using my trusty old friend "kermit" and when I got an OK back from
an echoed "atz" I knew I'd got the right head-shell type (straight
versus modem etc.)  I don't have a serial splitter that lets me at
the second RS232 port on the same 25 pin header so I can't say much
about that port.  Normally I use the primary serial port as my console.

Cheers,

-- Ken