Subject: Re: UDB - Install disk hangs ...
To: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
From: Ken Wellsch <kwellsch@link.link-systems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/03/1999 12:00:22
| From cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu Wed Mar  3 11:54:04 1999

| Ken> Why not just "reflash" your firmware?
|
| I've heard rumblings to the effect that not all firmware "upgrades"
| actually fix things.
|
| Chris

Well, from my limited understanding, netbooting remains a problem
with any "publicly available" Multia/UDB firmware - although there
was a person that posted they have a mechanism that now works with
software you can download from their site.

Is there anything that is broken by moving to the last formal upgrade
offered from DEC?  i.e.

	  14681 Aug 14  1996 readme.txt
	1474560 Aug 14  1996 udbfsl38.img
	1474560 Aug 14  1996 udbupd38.img

If so, I've been stupidly reflashing any Multia I play with as the
very first step to doing anything (oh along with installing a new
battery 8-)

-- Ken