Subject: Re: Questions regarding the Alpha PCI64-275 Motherboard
To: None <sibbi@scour.org>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@zippo.unna.ping.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/1999 00:22:42
--==_Exmh_330739530P

In message <199902281736.RAA02251@unixbox.scour.org>you write:
> If the floppy driver was supported I could probably just boot the kernel from
> floppy and then continue from a SCSI device attached to the Fireport or
> possibly from the IDE controller if NetBSD supports it.

You probably don't need floppy support in order to boot from floppy.  But you
do need some way to create a new floppy with a proper kernel on it. In
NetBSD-current there is rumored to be support for floppy.  In 1.3I it is not,
and as of 02/20/99 sources on ftp.netbsd.org the floppy controller is detected
but not the floppy.
After you are up, you can use the onboard IDE, at least I do it with 1.3I on
an axppci33.

BTW:  Where did the last snapshot go?  Only sources left...

Gruesse
       Oskar
--
Krypto-Regulierungen im Kampf gegen Kriminelle sind wie Tempo 30-Zonen
um alle Banken herum, um Bankräuber an der Flucht zu hindern [A.Feile]

--==_Exmh_330739530P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNtnPwbA63tqjeAhZAQHLNQP8DwUKf3E1fJtWboKBlQSKPTzSKRVwHWhC
QWiaBeFX72pKDE7imMFdWxiCi1C8QEb3iOVQsJ+/KaZ4bXqAvVx8GqU51sDYMSsC
Hk436OTuBSoctWXymLLfwgAljAxwF6K0zQYzUI6ftBfPi37Pz10UuhdhS/pa7/f1
or1ww89yyEY=
=e4lm
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_330739530P--