Subject: Re: netbsd/arla
To: NetBSD-Alpha <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Cohen <cohentl@clarkson.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/14/1999 22:31:04

> > ld: cannot open linker script file 0: No such file or directory
> > modload: can't prelink `/usr/arla/bin/xfs_mod.o' creating `/var/tmp/foo'
> > mount_xfs: mount: Operation not supported by device
> >

> The problem is that LKMs are not supported on NetBSD/alpha. Arla would run
> on it if we could.

sorry to bug you guys more, but I'm not verse in kernel code or anything,
what is a LKM, and why isn't it supported?

http://www.clarkson.edu/~cohentl
todd.cohen@clarkson.edu
"You can use divine intervention to solve the problem if you need to."
- Coleman, 1998
Clarkson University WCKN-TV, LUG, and SDCS: UNIX/Systems Administrations