Subject: RE: 1.3.3 or -current
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/26/1999 21:22:47
On 26-Jan-99 Michael G. Schabert spoke unto us all:
#  Will a newer snapshot be uploaded soon? I got used to port-mac68k doing

Yes.. I'm putting the final touches on a snapshot right now.

#  snapshots once every week or two...perhaps that's because they are in
#  younger stages of development...It just seems odd to me that the Mac port
#  compiles so often when the compiler was using a 16 bit, 16Mhz MC68020
#  machine & Alphas START at 64-bit 166 Mhz risc chips & go into the 500+
#  range. (hmm, I'm curious...how long's it take to do a make world on one of
#  those 500+ Mhz screamers?)

Under 2 hours.  (600Mhz LX.)

---
Tim Rightnour  -  root@garbled.net