Subject: Re: What is the state of the Linux Emulation?
To: None <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@UAccess.NET>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/23/1999 17:35:46
> I was just wondering what the state of Linux emulation is on the
> alpha.  A friend of mine wants to run NetBSD on an alpha, but also
> wants to have Matlab, and he has the Linux alpha version available.
	Well, I think statically linked programs should work.  However,
recently all I've seen are dynamically linked linux binaries, which do
not currently work.  I'd like to give you a time frame on when this will
be working, but since I'm still trying to figure out why it doesn't work
and only spending a little time on the problem all I can say is
"hopefully soon".

eric