Subject: Netbooting a Multia, Are there changes ?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Jan H. van Gils <janvg@voyager.pe1mhp.ampr.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/17/1999 14:30:06
	I would like to know if there are some new developments concerning
netbooting a Digital Alpha Multia.

Thanks to a lot of reading and  browsing over the net my Mutltia is netbooting
first phase and second phase but then when it is loading (begining of third
 phase) the netbsd.gz kernel something goes wrong. The system reset the SRM.

After finding out that with pressing function key "F1" the system would display
the screen before resetting the SRM. I was able to see a message on the srm
console.

The message was : "boot device name does not contain ethernet adress"
can someone tell me if there known fixes or other ways to make my a Multia
netboot.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
 With regards,   Jan H. van Gils,   Breda,   The Netherlands
 e-Mail janvg@knoware.nl,  http://www.knoware.nl/users/janvg