Subject: Re: Running DU apps on NetBSD...
To: Alpha BSD <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Petrakis <peterpan@wn.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/06/1999 01:06:10
Was NetBSD's kernel desgined to be like the DU kernel? I ask that
because the later programs I tried were looking for a function from the
kernel before it would even start. This is with DU JDK and acroreader.
So if the kernel had thoses attributes it could run them. The apps die
with this error upon execution (below). Thanks for your help.

Peter P.

get_reply_port: failed allocating new reply port. (os/kern) unknown
error code (4e)
DECthreads bugcheck (version V3.14-127), terminating execution.
vpInit: getsysinfo() failed: 45

***RECURSIVE BUGCHECK IN THREAD 1***

***CANNOT CONTINUE: REPORTED STATE MAY BE INACCURATE AND INCOMPLETE***