Subject: Re: hardware help w/DEC 3000/300x
To: Dave Cherkus <cherkus@homerun.unimaster.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@canolog.ninthwonder.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/1998 15:13:31
> I know this is how the PCI-based systems work, but you may also find
> you have to physically remove the graphics card from the turbochannel
> slot to get the console to use the serial port.

The 3000/300 also has an integrated video, I believe (the same as in the
3000/500).  I have a 3000/400 and it's got a little switch next to the
DECconnect serial console plug that sets it to use the serial console
(note that the serial console is only attached to that serial port).  I
am pretty sure that I didn't have to remove the keyboard/mouse "assembly",
and I'm positive that I didn't have to remove the TC video in order to get
the serial console to work on my 3000/400.

-allen

--
                    Allen Briggs - briggs@ninthwonder.com
       Try free *nix: http://www.netbsd.org/, http://www.freebsd.org/,