Subject: Re: S3 X server for Alpha? (updated)
To: 'port-alpha' <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Isaacson <adisaacs@mtu.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/16/1998 10:09:10
On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 08:23:29AM -0500, Lindgren, Jon wrote:
> Well, perhaps it's time to make the S3 and the SVGA work.  Does anyone know
> what might be involved in this?  Does XFree86 run on other 64bit platforms,
> or are a good deal of cleanups necessary?  I, for one, would love to use a
> card other than the DEC chip which came with my alpha.

XFree86 runs just fine on Linux/Alpha.  Most of the drivers are
supported.

The newest version of XFree86, 3.3.3, has more support for the TGA
(including 24-bit versions), and some 64-bit bug fixes.

-andy
--
Andy Isaacson adisaacs@mtu.edu adi@acm.org    Fight Spam, join CAUCE:
http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~adisaacs/              http://www.cauce.org/