Subject: Re: Multia problems.
To: None <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org, port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/05/1998 21:50:19
> From: "R. C. Dowdeswell" <elric@mabelode.imrryr.org>
>

> So, I think that my multia may have run into problems that I
> can't quite deal with.  When I boot via network or floppy, I
> get a never-ending stream of Correctable Processor Errors.
>
> Scanning the old mailing lists, would this qualify as Multia
> Infant Death syndrome, in which case where is the part that I
> should try to look at?

It sure looks like the heat death syndrome.

OK, so I wrote up some notes on preventing and fixing the Multia Heat Death
Syndrome and I added them to the NetBSD/alpha FAQ. In the highly unlikely
case that a reader of this list doesn't know the usual URLs:

	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/index.html
	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html
New:	http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/alpha/faq.html#multia-heat-death

  --Ross Harvey