Subject: Re: NEC 53c810 SCSI?
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbardn@hurrah.com>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@agames.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/04/1998 12:45:36
>> "Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@agames.com> writes:
>> > Hmm, well unfortunately at the moment I'm running on an Alpha, and it
>> > does not stay up long enough for me to run a build of the kernel because
>> > of what appears to be SCSI problems.
>>
>> You might try a different drive.  the ncr driver is highly sensitive,
>> and i've found in the past that that helps.
>
>Dont get an IBM SCSI drive! They're great drives, but I've got a jumper
>mess that actually allows the Alpha to SEE it, but beyond that, the kernel
>choaks and choaks.
>
>$.02

Hmm, that's good to know.  I'm not using an IBM in this box, but IBM
drives are usually what I get for my servers since they are so rock solid.

-Sean

---
Sean J. Schluntz                           schluntz@agames.com
Sr. Office Systems Administrator                  408-434-5804
Atari Games Corporation                  http://www.agames.com