Subject: Re: NEC 53c810 SCSI?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@netbsd.org>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@agames.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/04/1998 12:41:42
>"Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@agames.com> writes:
>> Hmm, well unfortunately at the moment I'm running on an Alpha, and it
>> does not stay up long enough for me to run a build of the kernel because
>> of what appears to be SCSI problems.
>
>You might try a different drive.  the ncr driver is highly sensitive,
>and i've found in the past that that helps.

Yah, I think I will do that.  I tried with a 2.1gig at first but that was
before I flashed the system to something that worked ;)  I've got a 540
on there now.  I'll write back on Monday and tell how a 2gig worked out.

-Sean

---
Sean J. Schluntz                           schluntz@agames.com
Sr. Office Systems Administrator                  408-434-5804
Atari Games Corporation                  http://www.agames.com